There is always a way forward if the responsible parties are willing to act.
With all the differences and misunderstandings, meeting halfway is the only way to show
that both of you are willing to sacrifice a portion of yourself for the benefit of both
True reconciliation is never cheap, for it is based on forgiveness which is costly.
Forgiveness in turn depends on repentance, which has to be based on an acknowledgment
of what was done wrong, and therefore on disclosure of the truth. You cannot forgive what you do not know.
- Desmond Tutu
Communication sometimes is not what you first hear, listen not just to the words, but listen for the reason.
- Catherine Pulsifer
Negotiate Your Own Terms and Conditions!
The Mediation Process
- The Mediator thoroughly explains and answers questions about the mediation process
- “Rules of Engagement” are established by the Mediator, tenant, landlord and property manager, etc. at the beginning of the process
- The Mediator ensures that the VOICE of each disputant is respectfully HEARD
- Any and/or all disputants have the right to terminate the mediation process at any time for any reason
- The Mediator assists the disputing parties explore resolutions based on individual needs, desires, interests, options and values, etc. in negotiating reasonable solutions acceptable to everyone without “taking sides” nor imposing resolutions. Any and/or all disputants ALWAYS have a right to say, “No”.
- Once an agreement is reached, disputants complete and sign a Mediation Settlement Agreement, which is a legally binding enforceable contract
- If a Mediation Settlement Agreement is not reached and/or a mediation terminated by any and/or all disputants through the process a written notice of “Mediation Termination” will be forwarded to disputants, Eviction Court and Louisville Metro Office of Housing.
Scheduling an Eviction Prevention Mediation?
- Go to www.resolverestorativepractices.com
- Click on the Eviction Prevention Mediation tab
- Click on the drop-down tab for “Request an Eviction Prevention Mediation”
- Complete and submit a “Request an Eviction Prevention Mediation” to determine eligibility
- Eligible landlords will be contacted by a Mediator within three business days of receipt of request to discuss the pre-mediation process, required forms/submissions, applying for rental assistance and schedule a mediation.
- Eviction Prevention Mediation sessions will be a minimum of two and maximum of four hours per session.
- Confirmation of a scheduled Eviction Prevention Mediation is defined as a completed, signed and submitted “EP Pre-Mediation Assessment Form” by any and/or all “disputants” (i.e. landlords, property managers and tenants, etc.) within five business days of the scheduled mediation. Failure to complete an EP Pre-Mediation Assessment Form will result in an immediate cancellation by resolve:Restorative Practices LLC.
- A written notice of “Failure to Comply” will be forwarded to “disputants”, Eviction Court and Louisville Metro Office of Housing.
FLEXIBLE Scheduling Offered
Mondays – Wednesdays: 9am-11am & 1pm-3pm
Tuesdays – Fridays: 10am-12pm
Mondays – Wednesdays & Fridays: 4pm-6pm
Saturdays: 9am-11am and 1pm-3pm